What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Soda vs. Pop
Navigate your tongue and the tongue of someone you love through a delightful river of deliciousness flowing through our fair city with today's Groupon: $20 gets you $50 worth of tantalizing fare and breathtaking views at Flatwater. This modern River North restaurant is perfect for an evening of romance or a casual brunch on the water.
Take your sweetheart out for a decadent candlelight dinner, leaning over the table to share seared scallops (with sweet potato puree and bacon candy, $15) and sweet nothings. Let your taste buds flirt with grilled New York strip steak (with carrot puree and porcini butter, $32) or roll your tongue over tender pan-seared halibut (with market ratatouille and cilantro, $27). Stop in with your old Magic Camp buddies for a lunch of braised pork tacos (with grilled pineapple, candied habaneros, and pickled red onions, $13) and panzanella (with heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil toco, and ciabatta croutons, $12). Catch a Sunday brunch when mom comes to town and get tipsy on buttermilk pancake sliders (with Bailey's whipped cream and amaretto syrup, $11), or bite into a juicy angus burger (with choice of cheese and pickled tomatillos, $11).
Located right on the river, Flatwater's bay windows look out on a tranquil scene full of romance and possibility. Whether a hint of sun glints on the winter water or the city skyline swims up to meet you in a twinkle of lights, the promise of the city's rich culinary offerings and boundless opportunity will captivate you as you dine. Wrapped in warm chocolate woods and exposed stone, you'll feel as cozy and cared for as a baby bear who wandered indoors, while your eager and knowledgeable server brings your meal out hot and keeps your glasses filled with robust and delicate wines by the glass ($10–$12).
- The food was great, the service was excellent and the ambiance was beautiful. – DJK, Citysearch
- The city is absolutely gorgeous by the river. We started coming here a few months ago when we heard there was a new chef at the helm. I have to say that we have consistently had great creative meals here. The staff really seems to know the food and really make a for a [sic] enjoyable dining experience. – Joel NV, Citysearch
- ...one of the best filet mignons I've had in a long time (cooked to perfection... good upbeat music...reminds me of some of the trendier spots in London. – jenna312, Citysearch
Soda vs. Pop
When selecting a beverage with your lunchmate, loved one, or new business associate, you might mention that Flatwater happens to share its name with a regional nickname for soda, as it’s known in the East, or pop, as it is commonly referred to in much of the Midwest. What other regional nicknames has this festive beverage acquired?
- coke (Georgia)
- ant bait (overseas army bases)
- impenetrable frozen sugar cylinders (Yukon, Northwest Territories)
- shake-up grenades (prisons)
- Christmas-Time Polar Bear Commercial Wake-Up Juice (Mathers household, Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 30, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per table, 2 for tables of 4 or more. Must redeem in single visit, no cash back. Not valid with other offers. Tax & gratuity not included. Not valid NYE or Valentine's Day. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.