One of Benjamin Franklin’s last theories was that taking in a good view while eating aids both in digestion and in the ability to squeeze milk out of coal. Prove him half-right with today’s Groupon to Franks at the Old Mill in Fayetteville. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get a Mediterranean dinner for two (up to a $60 value) including:
- One appetizer (up to an $8 value).
- Two entrees (up to a $40 value).
Two glasses of Citra wine (a $12 value).<p>
- For $60, you get a Mediterranean dinner for four (up to a $120 value) including:
- Two appetizers (up to a $16 value).
- Four entrees (up to a $80 value).
- Four glasses of Citra wine (a $24 value).<p>
Located at Old Bennett’s Mill, a structure dating from 1837, Franks at the Old Mill presents diners with views overlooking a scenic waterfall and plates piled with hot Mediterranean meals. Choose from appetizers such as shrimp scampi bruschetta ($8), wherein garlic and lemon-coated shrimp juggle capers atop a stage built from a Tuscan baguette. Dig into pastas such as linguine with clams ($17) or specialties such as the 16 oz. Black Angus ribeye steak ($25; must pay extra for entrees over $20). Veal and chicken entrees also grace the menu, as well as house specialties such as manicotti florentine, in which cylindrical pasta shapes swaddle baby spinach in feta and ricotta cheese under the watchful eye of alfredo-draped fresh vegetables ($14). Sip on a glass of Citra wine while gazing at picturesque scenery through the window, then reproduce the sweeping landscape in an oil painting on the sleeve of a dining partner.
1095 Hwy. 54 W
Fayetteville, Georgia 30214