Hockey combines the speed of basketball, the hard hits of football, and the glistening blades of competitive shaving. Study frozen fusion with this GrouponLive deal to see the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders play at the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena. For $27, you get an outing for two (a $54 total value), which includes the following:
- Two tickets for mid-rink blue-zone seating (up to a $20 value each)
- 10 Chuck-a-Pucks (a $10 value)
- Two game programs (a $4 value)
Choose from the following games, all of which start at 7:05 p.m.:
- The home opener against the Fargo Force on Friday, October 5
- Against the Youngstown Phantoms on Saturday, October 6
- Against the Muskegon Lumberjacks on Friday, October 12
- Against the Green Bay Gamblers on Saturday, October 13
- Against the Indiana Ice on Friday, October 19
- Against the Indiana Ice on Friday, October 26
- Against the Tri-City Storm on Friday, November 2
- Against the Omaha Lancers on Saturday, November 3
Coming off their 10th straight appearances in the USHL playoffs, the RoughRiders burst out of the locker room onto the frozen rink of the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena—otherwise known as The Stable. Returning ice-rink gladiators such as forward Austin Ortega skate alongside RoughRider newcomers, sharing their long-hewn wisdom on scoring goals and working the penalty box's tricky latch. During intermissions, fans receive satchels of 10 pucks to compete in the Chuck-a-Puck contest, in which landing a puck on the on-ice target nets a RoughRiders-themed prize.
Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
Despite being a relatively young organization, the RoughRiders have done an impressive job of filling up their trophy case. The team officially moved from Mason City to Cedar Rapids in 1999, leaving behind their Huskies moniker in the process. It’s been one accomplishment after another ever since. In 2005, the RoughRiders claimed their first Clark Cup as champions of the USHL. That same season, they brought home the Anderson Cup, too, for posting the league’s best record during the regular season—a feat they repeated in 2011. RoughRiders fans have witnessed much of this success at the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena. Known affectionately as The Stable for its rowdy, but family friendly atmosphere, the arena echoes with clanging cowbells on game days to celebrate goals and drive away feral Zambonis lurking outside the building.