Many theatergoers claim that life imitates art, which can be frustrating when they pause arguments for intermissions or direct drivers to turn "stage left" at stop signs. Learn to navigate the theatrical world with today's GrouponLive deal to Des Moines Community Playhouse. Choose from the following options:
- For $17, you get one ticket in section A to see The Producers (up to a $35 value).
- For $34, you get two tickets in section A to see The Producers (up to a $70 value).
- For $79, you get one Mainstage season ticket (up to a $162 value).
Tickets to The Producers are valid for the following showtimes:
- Friday, September 9, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 10, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 11, at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 14, at 7:30 p.m.
The second largest community theater in the country, Des Moines Community Playhouse packs its wings to the brim with entertainment for a full season of dramatic fare. Written by comedic legend Mel Brooks, Tony Award–winning musical The Producers (September 9–October 2) tells the story of Broadway impresarios Leo Bloom and Max Bialystock as they ineptly try to fleece investors out of $2 million with a failed musical about Hitler. Dancing Nazis, witty songwriting, and a zany plot combine to bust guts and provide a more appropriate haven for chortle fits than PTA meetings and naturalization ceremonies.
Mainstage season tickets satisfy heartier theatrical appetites, entitling holders to five shows in addition to The Producers, including classics To Kill a Mockingbird (January 20–February 2) and The Sound of Music (December 2–30), as well as absurd Alfred Hitchcock mashup The 39 Steps (October 21–November 6), Johnny Cash tribute Ring of Fire (March 30–April 22), and Moonlight and Magnolias (June 8–24). Ticket holders will be seated in section A, granting a clear view of the stage and its talking trapdoor.