In 1891, James Naismith mounted two peach baskets on opposite walls of a gym, inventing the rudimentary version of what we know today as “shelving.” Take your basketball off this grand innovation with today’s GrouponLive deal from Long Beach State Athletics. Choose between the following options:
- For $11, you get one ticket to a men’s basketball home game at Walter Pyramid (up to a $22 value). Groupon customers will receive the best available seating at the time of redemption; this option expires February 29.<p>
- For $5, you get one ticket to a sporting event of your choice (up to a $12 value); this option expires May 15. Choose from the following sports:
- Men’s volleyball at Walter Pyramid
- Men’s baseball at Blair Field
- Women’s softball at the 49er softball complex
- Women’s water polo at the campus pool
- Women’s basketball at Walter Pyramid<p>
As one of the founding members of the Big West Conference, Long Beach State boasts a storied history of athletic accomplishments, thrilling 49ers fans with 18 sports teams. Today’s deal enables hoops enthusiasts to catch a men’s basketball game at Walter Pyramid, where guard Casper Ware energizes the talent-packed roster by sinking nothing-but-net shots and playing the school fight song on a conch shell.
Long Beach fans can also opt to attend one of five other sporting events, including a volleyball match, as the men’s team seeks to maintain their top 20 ranking and spike their way to a second national championship. Having produced 41 Major League players and one dunk-tank all-star at local block parties, the Dirtbags rouse baseball backers with on-the-mark throws, and the women’s softball team hurls its first pitch this February in search of its sixth College World Series appearance. Meanwhile, water-polo head coach Gavin Arroyo returns to guide his talented squad of splashers. Back on dry land, basketball wizard Tipesa Moorer darts through the lane dishing out passes and energy drinks to exhausted defenders.