Plays can provide gripping entertainment, although they’re easily disrupted when someone confuses their program for a bingo card. See how many people shout “Bingo!” with today’s GrouponLive deal to see Sweet Home, presented by MPAACT, at the Greenhouse Theater Center. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get one ticket for general-admission seating (a $23.50 value on Thursdays and Sundays; a $25.50 value on Fridays and Saturdays).
- For $30, you get four tickets for general-admission seating (a $94 value on Thursdays and Sundays; a $102 value on Fridays and Saturdays).
For either ticket option, choose from the following performances:
- Thursday, February 9, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, February 10, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 11, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, February 12, at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, February 16, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, February 17, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19, at 3 p.m.
MPAACT has fostered African-centered theater since 1990, rooting its now-ample repertoire in the many cultures and traditions of Africa’s diverse communities while obtaining a treasure trove of awards. This February, playwright Keith Josef Adkins grants theatergoers refuge from Chicago’s biting winds and runaway ice skaters by weaving eyes through the perplexing, brain-twisting plot of Sweet Home. In the play, the once-thriving African-American town of Sweet Home has inexplicably dwindled into an urban wasteland, where problems are only compounded by the baffling disappearance of the area’s young boys. When Demus—a young genetic engineer—stumbles on the abandoned borough, he faces the daunting task of singlehandedly reviving the town without also vanishing, or succumbing to the temptation to eat the abandoned gas station’s stock of Twinkies. All performances will occur in Greenhouse Theater Center’s not-so-mysterious downstairs studio.
2257 N Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60614Get Directions