All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed May 6, 2012
Reviewed January 8, 2012
Reviewed January 5, 2012
What You'll Get
Although it only takes two to tango, it takes an entire dance company to ward off gangs of square-dancing street toughs. Admire pretty defensive prowess with today’s deal to see the California Ballet Company’s production of The Nutcracker at the San Diego Civic Theatre. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get one upper-balcony ticket (a $25 value).
- For $25, you get one upper-dress-circle or upper-mezzanine ticket (a $50 value). Seats will be on the sides of these sections.
Seating options are available for the following performances:
* Saturday, December 17, at 2:30 p.m.
* Saturday, December 17, at 7 p.m.
* Sunday, December 18, at 1 p.m.
* Sunday, December 18, at 5:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, December 21, at 2:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, December 21, at 7 p.m.
* Thursday, December 22, at 2:30 p.m.
* Friday, December 23, at 2:30 p.m.
* Friday, December 23, at 7 p.m.
Doors open one hour before each performance. Access to balcony seating requires the use of stairs.
This December, the California Ballet Company celebrates its 440th performance of the fantastical children’s tale that has pirouetted its way into holiday tradition. Soon after her toy nutcracker doll comes to life, Clara helps him wage an elaborately choreographed battle with the evil Mouse King. With Tchaikovsky’s eternal score, the San Diego Symphony’s melodious accompaniment guides the couple’s journey and hypnotizes passing children to dance among them onstage. Before Clara meets the Sugar Plum Fairy and awakens from her dreamscape, she and the Nutcracker Prince pas de deux in the Land of Snow, whose arctic flusters fume from more than 700 pounds of dry ice. With unfettered views from within the grand 2,910-seat theater, audiences become absorbed in the wintry wonderland on stage as the young Clara twirls beneath the Christmas tree. After the 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 5:30 p.m. performances, ticketholders can attend Sugar Plum Parties to meet the cast.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 3 or older to attend. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at Groupon Table located inside the Civic Theatre Lobby. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Civic Theatre. Must provide first and last name at checkout. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year