One-Day Pass Options
- $11 for an individual film block (up to $15 value)
- $29 for a pass to all film screenings (up to $55 value)
- $69 for a festival pass to film screenings and parties (up to $90 value)
- $89 for a VIP festival pass with priority access to all films screenings, panels, and parties (up to $135 value)
Four-Day Pass Options
- $39 for a pass to film screenings only (up to $125 value)
- $119 for a festival pass to film screenings and parties (up to $235 value)
- $199 for a VIP festival pass with priority access to all films screenings, panels, and parties (up to $350 value)
Catalina Film Festival
Azure waters lap the shores of Catalina Island, a picturesque setting a mere 22 miles from Los Angeles, but one that feels worlds away. Here, as the lights dim and the curtains retract from the silver screen, cinephiles and the stars of Hollywood convene to revel in the magic of the movies. William H. Macy, Rosario Dawson, Nicolas Cage, and the late Wes Craven are just a few of the marquee names that have graced the festival in years past.
Now more than a century old, the Catalina Film Festival invokes this transcendent cinematic experience with dozens and dozens of screenings, ranging from animation and documentaries to student films and features. These stories light up screens throughout the island, including that of the historic Avalon Theatre, a 1,200-seat art-deco structure remarkable for being the world’s first sound theater and Orson Welles’ favorite place to take a nap. Nightly parties and galas, expert panels, and even the occasional treasure hunt all culminate in the final evening's award ceremony.