What You'll Get
$20 for one reserved ticket (up to $27.25 value)
- Reserved seating, to be determined based on seat availability.
- Please do not contact Hamden High School regarding ticket sales as they are not affiliated with performance.
- Saturday: will call tickets will be pre-selected based on availability and can be picked up at the box office starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: will call tickets will be pre-selected based on availability and can be picked up at the box office starting at 1:00 p.m.
- Please note all “will call” pickups must be picked up 30 minutes prior to showtime. All tickets not picked up by 30 minutes to showtime may be released.
- Parking is included
Cecchetti Ballet Theatre
Cecchetti Ballet Theatre brings a first-rate full-length pre-professional production of Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker to audiences in central Connecticut. The company’s performances are held at Hamden High School, in Hamden, CT. Every fall, auditions are held to involve the greater Cheshire community and beyond. Cast members of all ages have had the joy of performing in this beloved ballet. Step into the dream, and experience the magic of The Nutcracker with Cecchetti Ballet Theatre.
Based on a novel by 19th-century romantic fabulist E.T.A. Hoffman, The Nutcracker weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure around one of the most recognizable scores in the ballet repertoire. It begins when young Clara receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, she suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King’s head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate.
Throughout their adventures, Tchaikovsky’s dazzling inventiveness propels the dances of nimble flowers and regal fairy queens. The “Waltz of the Snowflakes” floats weightlessly above the angelic voices of a youth choir, whereas the “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy” tiptoes to the haunting, music-box chimes of a celesta. A medley of exotic national dances—including a Spanish bolero and Russian Trepak—add to the phantasmagoric celebration before the whole dream ends, as all dreams must.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.