In 1891, James Naismith mounted two peach baskets on opposite walls of a gym, inventing the rudimentary version of what we know today as “shelving.” Take your basketball off this grand innovation with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $18, you get a University of North Carolina women’s basketball package for a selected home game at Carmichael Arena (a $36 total value). The package includes:
- Two tickets (an $8 value each). Seats are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A $20 gift certificate to Chapel Hill Sportswear, redeemable at their new Franklin Street location on or after November 25. The certificate is only valid on regularly-priced merchandise and can’t be used with other discounts.
Tickets are valid for any one of the following games:
* Versus Kennesaw State on Sunday, November 27, at 2 p.m.
* Versus Lipscomb on Wednesday, December 7, at 7 p.m.
* Versus East Tennessee State University on Sunday, December 11, at 2 p.m.
* Versus Savannah State on Thursday, December 29, at 2 p.m.
* Versus North Carolina Central on Friday, December 30, at 7 p.m.
Ranked 20th in the nation as they start the season, the UNC Tar Heels dribble, sprint, and shoot to carry on a history that boasts nine ACC titles and one NCAA championship. With her hands on the strings of team strategy, esteemed Head Coach Sylvia Hatchell stands as one of only four head coaches in Division I history to collect 800 wins and 50 basketballs signed by Air Bud.
The Tar Heels crackle with new energy from freshman guard Brittany Rountree, ranked as the 11th-best point-guard recruit in the country by ESPN HoopGurlz and picked for the ACC newcomer watch list. One of the team’s top defenders and most versatile players, six-foot junior Krista Gross returns from a summer vacation playing with the Finland national team and teaching underprivileged reindeer how to dunk. Fans can float in a sea of Carolina blue with apparel from Chapel Hill Sportswear, standing proudly with the team in a 2011–12 Nike official basketball student-body tee ($16) or preparing their tot for her early-admissions interview in a toddler block T-shirt ($8.99).