What You'll Get
Like waking a hibernating bear, waking a dormant stomach causes violent growls that can only be silenced by fresh Hawaiian cuisine and 20 minutes of gentle patting. Ward off vicious appetites with today’s Groupon to Sola Restaurant. Choose from the following options:
- For $45, you get a Hawaiian-inspired dinner for two (up to a $93 total value). The dinner includes the following:
- One small plate to share (up to a $15 value)
- Two salads or soups (up to a $10 value each)
- Two large plates (up to a $29 value each)<p>
- For $90, you get a Hawaiian-inspired dinner for four (up to a $186 total value). The dinner includes the following:
- Two small plates to share (up to a $15 value each)
- Four salads or soups (up to a $10 value each)
- Four large plates (up to a $29 value each)<p>
- For $135, you get a Hawaiian-inspired dinner for six (up to a $279 total value). The dinner includes the following:
- Three small plates to share (up to a $15 value each)
- Six salads or soups (up to a $10 value each)
- Six large plates (up to a $29 value each)
Widely lauded by the local press, Sola Restaurant augments American cuisine with Hawaiian and Asian flavors to create a worldly menu of small plates and delectable entrees. California-native owner and executive chef Carol Wallack, dubbed “an evil genius” by Chicago magazine, infuses the eatery’s locally sourced ingredients with the flavorful zest of warmer climes in dishes such as the roasted-beet-and-pineapple salad drizzled with yuzu vinaigrette. Diners can divvy up a small plate of artichoke fritters with truffle aioli and soy-lime sauce or create jobs for out-of-work napkins with the barbecue-sauce-slathered kalua pork served with banana bread. A large plate of seared salmon arrives glistening in ginger glaze and truffle-teriyaki sauce, and the Wagyu burger with caramelized onions and cambozola cheese reclines on its hearty pretzel bun while begging for additional security detail to keep pals from pillaging bites.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 23, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person for all options. May buy 1 additional as a gift for Dinner for 2 option. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Not valid on holidays. Not valid on specials. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sola Restaurant
Even in the dead of a Chicago winter, chef Carol Wallack and her crew imbue Sola Restaurant with the warmth of the Hawaiian islands. In the kitchen, Carol relies on locally sourced, sustainable ingredients to craft Hawaiian-inspired fare, balancing sweet and spicy flavors in dishes such as poke, a raw fish salad. Her passion for the Pacific sun and surf continues into the dining room, where a sandy color scheme and soft, lantern-like lighting evoke an evening spent stranded on a deserted island. Each month brings special announcements, such as a celebrated ingredient on which Wallack places special emphasis. The wine and beer lists also continually evolve along with the menu. These efforts have earned Sola Restaurant plentiful press and awards, such as Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence 2010.