- Valid for wide range of classes
- Good for all experience levels
- Knowledgeable instructors
What You'll Get
From Napoleon's great crab walk through Europe to J. Robert Oppenheimer's discovery of nuclear fission by kissing his own elbow, victory has always gone to the most flexible. Overpower enemies with today's deal: for $30, new clients get one month of unlimited yoga classes at ISHTA Yoga on 11th Street.
A committed yoga practice is a clarifying experience that recharges spent bio-batteries, drains stress into splenetic pools about the feet, and corrals new heights of fitness like so many flocks of soaring grackles. ISHTA Yoga's studio can gently shove someone down the path to a healthier, bendier lifestyle. The studio offers a wide variety of yoga classes for newbies as stiff as a carbonite-coated smuggler and old hands as flexible as a cephalopod. Options include core flow for strengthening and limbering, restorative to release tension, and ISHTA meditation to connect to your true self. An appropriately flexible schedule offers options every day of the week, ensuring accommodation for even the most hectic, post-modern lifestyles.
ISHTA's serene, focused environment is ideal for starting your paddle down the yoga river. A spacious, naturally lit studio with pale walls and black floorboards calms the mind, unlike many of the hunter-orange, lime-green, and strobe-lit yoga studios advertised on late-night television. Although the studio space has only been serving New Yorkers since 2008, it was built on founder and Yoga Master Alan Finger's decades of yoga practice. Embark on your own yoga journey and stay toned and limber while temporarily storing worldly worries in a drawer with knick-knacks, spare change, and shrunken heads.
This Groupon isn't good for prenatal yoga.
- I have been practicing yoga for well over 15 years and am delighted to have found Ishta Yoga. My practice, knowledge of my body and mind have deepened and improved and I am consistently met with smiles and encouragement by every one of the knowledgeable and friendly staff. – Hannah, Google Maps
- I am a relative newcomer to yoga. I've taken several classes at healthclubs, as well as a few at different studios. However, this is easily the best experience of yoga that I have ever had. The instructors have been very attentive. I can tell that they are extremely knowledgable. There is a pervasive tranquil and kind vibe at the studio as well. – Jonathan, Google Maps
- Alan has a lovely sense of humour, and an incredibly straightforward approach to teaching meditation. – J A., Yelp
The Fine Print
About ISHTA Yoga
Created by Yogiraj Alan Finger in the late 1960s, ISHTA Yoga blends the ancient and contemporary sciences of Hatha, Tantra, and Ayurveda to foster a community of like-minded people with a generosity of spirit. Aimed to improve strength, flexibility, clarity of mind, and deeper spirituality, ISHTA uses authentic intelligence to provide for each individual student's needs and inspiration. The studio’s faculty of 30 instructors leads a schedule of multiple classes for students of all skill levels. Students can rent a mat for $2 and enter the studios, where ornately carved wooden doors create a gorgeous tableau as they frame the gurus in the act of instruction