Originally invented by bored henchmen looking to pass the time at Doctor Berserko’s secret Antarctic lair, hockey has since overtaken polo and unicycle jousting as America's pastime. Hop on the bandwagon with today’s side deal. For $9, you get a Mardi Gras-level ticket (up to a $17.50 value) to see the Las Vegas Wranglers slice ice at the Orleans Arena. Choose from the following four games:
- Friday, October 22, at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Victoria Salmon Kings
- Saturday, October 23, at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thursday, October 28, at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Bakersfield Condors
- Friday, October 29, at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Alaska Aces
Voted the Best Local Sports Team in 2009 by the staff of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the Wranglers have the highest winning percentage in the ECHL's history and seven league records. Take in the action and excitement from Mardi Gras-level seats, with excellent views and no need to squint or crane.
Hockey is like the magnificent mutt of the sporting world. You get the suspense of watching an object swish through a net (like in basketball or soccer), the thrill of rambunctious brawls (boxing), the elegance of ice skating, and the utter brutality of golf all combined into one action-packed event. Take your whole family to cheer on the team (youth tickets are $10.50), or put your hot-headed friend on ice with a fun-filled, chilly sports outing.
- They may lack teeth, not but not talent. Smash mouth hockey is never good for the gum lines, but this bunch is still smilin’ wide. They’re the first team in the history of the East Coast Hockey League to notch three straight 100 point seasons, and last go ’round, they made it to the Kelly Cup finals for the first time. – Las Vegas Review-Journal