All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Kayaking is a popular way to connect to the outdoors, along with hiking, gardening, and gazing into the eyes of a guinea pig. Paddle your way into Mother Nature’s arms with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
$39 for a 75-minute Fun in the Sun kayak tour for two (an $80 value)
- 15- to 20-minute clinic on basics of paddling
- 60- to 70-minute journey on the Hudson River<p>
$65 for a standup-paddleboarding package (up to a $138 total value)
- 90-minute standup-paddleboarding basics class (a $90 value)
- 60-minute standup-paddleboarding experience (a $40 value)
- Ticket for one beer or well drink at the Frying Pan (up to an $8 value)<p>
$88 for a half-day Paddle Basics 1 kayak class (up to a $183 value)
- Full-body warm-up followed by 60- to 70-minute dry-land training
- Instruction on proper boat fit, spray-skirt attachment, rescue methods, and launching
- In-water practice followed by journey into the river
- Ticket for one beer or well drink after the class at the Frying Pan (up to an $8 value)<p>
$225 for a Statue of Liberty or Bust kayak package (a $450 value)
- Half-day Paddle Basics kayak class
- Four 90-minute Sunset or North/South kayaking tours
- Statue of Liberty or Bust kayak tour<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 30, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. 48hr cancellation notice required. Subject to availability and weather. Must sign waiver. Must be 12 or older or accompanied by guardian. Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol. Alcohol not discounted more than 50%. Must be in good general health and physically capable of handling kayak. Must be able to get up off the floor from a seated to a standing position without assistance and be able to get out of swimming pool without using the steps or ladder. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Manhattan Kayak
Founded by Eric Stiller, who documented his journey kayaking and bicycling around an entire continent in the book Keep Australia on Your Left, Manhattan Kayak spans a team of instructors who lead kayaking and standup-paddleboarding instruction and tours beneath the city's glittering skyline. Veterans of the fitness industry, MKC's instructors use the dynamic currents of the Hudson River to train paddlers of all skill and fitness levels in the body-first method, which emphasizes paddling from the core. Atlantic Super Girls Julieta Gismondi and Louanne Harris, are long time instructors and guides who paddled two Stand Up Paddle Boards 1500 miles from NYC to Miami last year and earned SUP magazines Expedition of the Year. In addition to leading instruction and tours, MKC's crew also leads fitness classes including SUP Yoga, challenging participants to flow through poses while floating atop a paddleboard, aiming to boost participant health and learn the skills to earn the Statue of Libertys respect.