- Weekly delivered publication
- Award winning journalists
- Wide range of topics
- Guide to life as a New Yorker
About This Deal
Town criers were once the primary sources for news and announcements, eventually losing their roles when they were chewed up by rabid radios, tyrannical televisions, and ingesting Internets. Enjoy a still-thriving conduit of news-spreading with today's Groupon: for $13, you get 54 weekly issues of New York Magazine (a $24.97 value).
New York is a weekly publication exploring food, fashion, politics, culture, shopping, real estate, and more in New York. With a year's subscription to the magazine, you'll join the 1.8 million savvy readers who peruse the publication each week. Sections of the magazine include the Intelligencer, the home base for news, gossip, and commentary on New Yorkers; the Strategist, sharing insights on eating, shopping, apartment hunting, and big-city living; and the Culture Pages, delving into the city's acclaimed and vibrant arts scene. Recent features in the magazine have covered topics such as the best doctors of 2010, the freshest seasonal edibles, and top places to drink on the nights where you're not painstakingly translating the city's phone book into Wingdings.
Since its founding in 1968, New York has featured writing by such noted wordsmiths and wisdom-sharers as Tom Wolfe, Kurt Andersen, and Jim Cramer. Like a GPS system that you can roll up and carry in your back pocket to the dentist's office, the magazine provides a guide to the city's happenings and hootenannies, ensuring you'll always be up to speed on the latest news and social trends. Arm yourself with a year's worth of local in-the-knowness with a subscription to New York.
Amazon reviewers all over the country love getting New York Magazine, giving it an average of four stars:
- I've learned to trust NYMag's restaurant selections, and the reviews tend to be detailed and useful. Every week, it lists new openings or [sic] reopenings of restaurants, along with general critic's picks, which I've found very useful. – Elle "jadesong86"
- I have read stories here covered nowhere else, the writing is consistently good- quality, and the culture reporting is particularly good. – ireadabookaday
- Being a weekly, the articles are always timely, interesting and important. Not only does New York provide a sense of what is going on in NYC, it also takes on national and international issues - politics to pop culture. – Jessica S. Lander
Need To Know
About New York Magazine
Since its founding in 1968, New York magazine has kept its finger on the pulse of newsworthy happenings in the Big Apple with insightful essays on an array of topics, ranging from regional and national politics to the household names that make up New York's vibrant social sphere. Celebrated writers and personalities by the likes of Tom Wolfe, Kurt Andersen, and Jonathan Chait intrigue more than 1.8 million readers each week with thought-provoking commentary on pop culture and New York City’s always-bustling nightlife, landscape of restaurants, and trendsetting fashion scenes.
Subscribers obtain a nuanced look at the top stories of the day through the Intelligencer section and stay well informed on the world of theater and art in the Entertainment section. The handy Agenda section keeps New York residents from wondering what to do on any given night. Extensive reporting and special issues on the region's restaurants, stores, bars, and doctors ensure that readers dine and shop at the area’s top-rated local businesses.