All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $9 for one Saturday general-admission ticket ($15 value)
- $16 for two Saturday general-admission tickets ($30 value)
- $25 for four Saturday general-admission tickets ($60 value)
- $59 for two Friday or Saturday single-day VIP passes ($99.98 value)
The main festival takes place on Saturday, December 6, from noon to 9 p.m., with a special VIP event on Friday, December 5, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Each guest also gets a souvenir cup.
VIP passes include:
- Acting as a judge in the Best Tamales in Houston competition (Friday only)
- Access to a VIP bar, tent, and bathroom
- Appetizers from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Access to a priority viewing area for stage shows
- Tamale sampling (Friday only, while supplies last)
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 6, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for resale. Rain or shine. Must be 21+ with valid ID to consume alcohol. Valid for admission and souvenir cup only. Alcohol not included. Must present Groupon with all guests together upon entering. VIP option subject to availability and capacity. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tamale Festival Houston
During Tamale Festival Houston, pop-up restaurants spring forth from the earth to serve Tex-Mex foods, including Texas barbecue from local pit masters and, of course, tamales. Celebrating Houston's diverse culture, the two-day event will also showcase non-edible talents with arts and crafts booths, live shows, and musical performances ranging from rock and country to R&B and tejano. Amidst all the action, a tamale-eating contest will determine the festival's hungriest attendee, and a Best Tamale competition will crown the city's top tamales based on their superior flavors, not just superficial criteria such as who's wearing the scantiest corn husk.