Choose from Four Options
- $9 for one Saturday general-admission ticket ($15 value)
- $16 for two Saturday general-admission tickets ($30 value)
- $25 for four Saturday general-admission tickets ($60 value)
- $59 for two Friday or Saturday single-day VIP passes ($99.98 value)
The main festival takes place on Saturday, December 6, from noon to 9 p.m., with a special VIP event on Friday, December 5, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Each guest also gets a souvenir cup.
VIP passes include:
- Acting as a judge in the Best Tamales in Houston competition (Friday only)
- Access to a VIP bar, tent, and bathroom
- Appetizers from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Access to a priority viewing area for stage shows
- Tamale sampling (Friday only, while supplies last)
Tamale Festival Houston
During Tamale Festival Houston, pop-up restaurants spring forth from the earth to serve Tex-Mex foods, including Texas barbecue from local pit masters and, of course, tamales. Celebrating Houston's diverse culture, the two-day event will also showcase non-edible talents with arts and crafts booths, live shows, and musical performances ranging from rock and country to R&B and tejano. Amidst all the action, a tamale-eating contest will determine the festival's hungriest attendee, and a Best Tamale competition will crown the city's top tamales based on their superior flavors, not just superficial criteria such as who's wearing the scantiest corn husk.