What You'll Get
Locally sourced cheese is always preferable to moon cheese, which was found to have dangerously high levels of Buzz Aldrin's brain waves. Enjoy a fresh, earthbound meal at The Fireplace in Brookline's Washington Square with today's Groupon. Choose from the following options:
- $10 for $20 worth of lunch or brunch
- $20 for $50 worth of dinner
The Fireplace's chef and owner, Jim Solomon, uses locally sourced ingredients, native seafood, the choicest meats, and artisanal cheeses to create regional New England cuisine for brunch, lunch, and dinner—including a variety of light summer fare. Each dish reflects the season's choicest ingredients and the region's colonial influence with ingredients like summer squash and tri-cornered hats. Light a patriotic summer firecracker in your mouth with the Big American Salad Niçoise ($26), which arranges sesame-crusted tuna and a cornucopia of toppings over Boston lettuce. Locavores, meanwhile, can devour something other than locals with twin mini lobster rolls with green apple slaw ($20). At lunch, a spit-roasted chicken BLT with fries ($12) introduces an extra-succulent meat to bacon's classic counterbalance. For the ethereal eater who can exist in two states simultaneously, savor a brunch of crispy duck hash with fried eggs and toast ($15).
Like the rec room where George Washington kept his hand-whittled Playstation and drum set, The Fireplace's interior straddles the line between simple, charming colonial and urban sophistication with natural earth tones and rustic wrought iron. Treat a local lovely or a GPS locator with a sexy voice to a magnificent meal at The Fireplace with today's Groupon.
Not valid for Restaurant Week menu or other offers.
- From crispy corn waffles punched up with rum and bananas to a split and grilled jumbo hot dog, weekend hunger pangs are sated handsomely. – Boston
- The food was excellent -on par with all of Boston's top restaurants - from the shave asparagus salad to the scallops to the carmalized [sic] pudding. – OpenTable.com reviewer who dined on 6/19/10
- The food was delicious, especially the onion tart appetizer, and the service excellent. – OpenTable.com reviewer who dined on 7/18/10
- The oysters we had were scrumptious and the salmon cakes were delicious, as well. Love the salad served in the cucumber roll-very nice touch! – karen c., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 6, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy up to 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Not valid for alcohol. Valid for meal purchased only. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with restaurant week menu or other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.