• Ride on the longest and highest guided aerial tramway in Canada • Gain a new perspective on the UNESCO Canadian Rockies World Heritage Site • Explore the alpine tundra and view a wide array of wildlife • Rent some snowshoes at the upper station in the early season • Hike the 1.4 km Summit Trail to the Whistlers Mountain peak • Enjoy a meal at the top of the Canadian Rockies in the Summit Restaurant
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Visit: Jasper SkyTram, Whistlers Mountain Road, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 Canada
Take a memorable ride on the Jasper SkyTram, the longest and highest guided aerial tramway in Canada. This exciting trip offers the best views of mountain ranges, numerous turquoise-coloured lakes, glacial fed rivers and the town of Jasper. A perfect alpine adventure for all ages.
Jasper SkyTram is located 7 km south of Jasper at the end of Whistlers Road off Highway 93. Plan your time for the morning or evening hours to take advantage of the best times for photos, and fewer visitors. Visit the Basecamp Cafe at the lower station as you wait to board your 26 person tram cabin for the ride up the mountain. An experienced and knowledgeable guide will accompany you on your trip, sharing a few insights about the area, its history and the wealth of wildlife nearby.
In 7.5 minutes, you will ascend over a kilometer in elevation to a height of 2,263 meters (7,425 feet) above sea level, enjoying incredible views of the surrounding landscape. At the upper station, take in the panoramic scene and make sure to stroll on the boardwalk. Try hiking the 1.4 km Summit Trail to the peak of Whistlers Mountain at 2,463 meters (8,081 feet) where you can view six mountain ranges. If you are lucky, you might spot a ptarmigan, ground squirrels, hoary marmots (famous for their whistling alerts), pikas and sometimes even bighorn sheep along the way.
Before you leave the mountain, make sure to stop at the Summit Restaurant for a meal at the top of the Canadian Rockies. Visit the gift shops at the upper or lower stations to purchase a memento for yourself or souvenir for friends back home.
Please note: Jasper SkyTram operates from late March through to the end of October.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Perfect times to visit are early morning or evening. These times provide the best light and opportunity for photography and there are typically fewer visitors during these hours
- Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, except for Summit Restaurant
- Due to uneven surfaces, Summit Trail is not recommended for individuals with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Upper station can be 12° C cooler than Jasper townsite
- If tram rides are canceled due to inoperable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Jasper SkyTram
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
Jasper SkyTram lower station. 7 km south of Jasper, off Hwy 93 at the end of Whistlers Road.
3/22/2019 - 9/2/2019Monday - Sunday:08:00 AM - 09:00 PM 9/3/2019 - 10/27/2019Monday - Sunday:10:00 AM - 05:00 PM 3/20/2020 - 10/25/2020Monday - Sunday:10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
1 to 2 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jasper SkyTram in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.