Starting at South Tahoe Airport, this 30 minute tour first embarks to Emerald Bay, then south along the mountains over Cascade Lake, past Mount Tallac, and over the shoreline of Fallen Leaf lake. Head west over Glen Alpine Creek, with Glen Alpine Falls below, climbing towards Pyramid Peak, at an elevation of 9,984 feet! The area is scattered with myriad lakes and waterfalls. Fly over Lake Aloha and past Horsetail Falls, dropping nearly 500 feet. The tour concludes by flying over upper and lower Echo Lake before returning to the airport.
*Please note: While the lakes are always present, seasonal snow and rainfall, as well as time of year, affect the size of waterfalls in the area.
What You'll Get
Head to the Lake Tahoe Airport where parking is free in the upper lot. Enter the terminal building to find our office on the left inside the main lobby. After meeting your pilot, take part in a short safety briefing prior to heading out to the ramp to board your aircraft.
Departing the Lake Tahoe Airport, you'll head to the south shore of breathtaking Lake Tahoe, then along the shoreline to Emerald Bay to take in the stunning views of this iconic alpine lake. Depart Emerald Bay heading south over Fallen Leaf Lake on your way to see the beautiful and rugged Desolation Wilderness. The area is dotted with many lakes as you climb up to 10,000 feet! Fly past Horsetail Falls, dropping over 500 feet. The tour concludes after reaching Echo Summit and then returning to the Lake Tahoe Airport.
With your guaranteed window seat (every seat is a window seat!), you can sit back and relax as you enjoy the incredible views. Your professional pilot will provide expert commentary along the way.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Maximum weight per person is 250 pounds (113kg)
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Please call tour operator prior to flight to arrange this. A full refund will be given if disability cannot be accommodated.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Helicopter tour of Emerald Bay, Fallen Leaf Lake, Horsetail Falls, and Echo Lakes
- Noise reducing headsets
- Live commentary on board
Tahoe Helicopters, 1901 Airport Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
Please call upon completion of your booking or arrival in Lake Tahoe to schedule your departure time (contact information provided on your voucher).
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tahoe Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.