|_Jump to: Reviews||Celebrity Chefs Trying to Stop You from Cooking at Home_|
Cooking, along with driving British automobiles and carving Super Bowl MVPs out of bars of soap, is one of the most challenging skills to learn without hands-on instruction. Today’s Groupon offers you confidence in your culinary abilities with $30 for any of the featured healthy cooking or baking classes valued at $55 with Well Done Cooking Classes. Learning how to assemble delicious dishes means you’ll save the extra calories, high cost, and embarrassing moments involving tuna fish that are commonly associated with eating at restaurants.
Executive chef Celeste Terrell has been teaching the epicurious since 2005, but recently brought her skills to Houston, stirring excitement up into a sumptuous mousse of engaging lessons. Intimate classes for groups of up to eight people are taught in chef Celeste’s home kitchen, where all tools and ingredients are provided. Feel free to bring wine or beer to drink while you learn.
You can redeem your Groupon at one of the following healthy cooking classes:
- Veg Out: Master vegetarian classics, such as lentil and veggie “meatloaf”, spinach and mozzarella cannelloni, homemade pasta, and sweet tomato sauce with baked portobello, taleggio cheese, and thyme.
- Veg Out II: Create a delicious Shepherdess Pie, nutty mushroom pâté, Beijing-style “duck” with pancakes, and zucchini boats with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Healthy Cuisine: Learn how to make nutritious fare such as hazelnut-encrusted wild salmon filets on wilted greens, grilled miso chicken with brussels sprouts, sautéed turkey breast with creamy onion sauce, and low-fat heavy cream substitutes.
- Healthy Cuisine II: Make surprisingly healthy meals including potato-chip-crusted chicken breast, honey-glazed spicy pork tenderloin, chipotle chili with bleu-cheese crumbles, and a savory paprika and herb-crusted sirloin steak wrap.
- Baking for the Health Nut: Get schooled in modified sweets, including low-fat angel food, fat-free berry cobbler, and poached fruits.
- Baking for the Health Nut II: Whip up more scrumptious desserts, including the healthy ooey-gooey chocolate cake, easy carrot cake with cream-cheese frosting, miniature-cherry-covered cheesecakes, and peach shortcake.
- Under the Sea: Get instruction oyster shucking, pan-seared scallops in raisin sauce, salmon in lemon bordetto, and mussels and shallots in wine sauce.
- Dinner Party in Istanbul: Make hummus from scratch and learn how to cook lamb pizza on pita bread, yogurt cake, and roasted eggplant stuffed with sweet tomatoes, onions, and parsley.
- Gluten-Free Cooking: Learn how to create meals without using flour, including pizza crusts , gluten-free buckwheat pancakes, southwestern chicken lasagna, and heavenly vanilla or chocolate cupcakes.
A full lecture and hands-on training are sure to make you a specialist in your preferred dish, and the expert meal you prepare during class instantly becomes your dinner or dessert. Leave with hands full of a recipe book and an apron so you can protect your clothes from wine spills or grease fires at home. Check online for a full class schedule.
Two Yelpers give Well Done a delicious five stars, and customer testimonials are enthusiastic: > * I have been cooking “functionally” for 20+ years … but I don’t know HOW to cook. These classes are PERFECT for those wanting to REALLY learn to cook — sauces, tasting, preparation, timing, etc.… These classes are like going to a friend’s house (a friend who is an amazing chef!!!!) … the classes are intimate and comfortable. – Terri K., Well Done Testimonial > * …not only was the food delicious, but chef Celeste and Kathryn were outstanding teachers! These classes are definitely worth it, all the while surrounding yourself with great people. I can’t wait to take more classes and have some more yummy food!! – Lonny Y., Well Done Testimonial
Greenway/ Upper Kirby
4100 Southwest Fwy
Houston, Texas 77027Get Directions