From fleeting linen sales to that flighty Easter Bunny, it seems as if nothing lasts forever, especially at the mall. With today’s Groupon, put an expiration date on your hunger as well. With today’s deal, $15 gets you $30 worth of food and drink at Zazil, a delicious Mexican restaurant conveniently located within the Westfield San Francisco Centre.
Zazil’s coastal, seasonal menu brings the excitement of spring break and off-track betting right to your mouth. Expect dishes rich in regional flavors from chef Daniel Martinez, formerly of Absinthe and Town Hall Restaurant. Dictate your dip content with the guacamole prepared tableside. The avocado-spread is seasoned to your approval with ripe tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeños, and a squirt of lime. Take your pick from a plentiful selection of fresh and authentic entrees, most under $20. Vegetarians will appreciate the stuffed poblaño pepper ($14), fire-grilled, packed with sautéed veggies and cheese, and served with sour cream and black bean sauce. The crusted tuna, flavored with dried pepper seeds and nuts and drizzled in creamy jalapeño sauce, is perfect for creamy jalapeño-sauce lovers. You could also spend your Groupon by splitting a few small plates (tacos, shrimp skewers, or vegetarian enchiladas) with a pal for a post-shopping snack.
The orbs resembling brain coral dangling from the ceiling and marine-blue tones lend a reef-like ambience to Zazil’s open and airy dining room. There’s also live music on Tuesdays and a full bar with a mind-blowing assortment of margaritas. The happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday through Friday, is a great way to celebrate a productive day of candle browsing, or reward a reluctant shopping companion for tagging along and listening to your Ted Danson impression.
- Zazil is conveniently located inside the Bloomingdale's shopping center in San Francisco, and offers a good selection of entrees. – Tulip333, Citysearch
- The warm tortillas (hand-made fresh in the back) alone are worth the visit- they literally melt in your mouth. the sangria was better than any place i've ever had... – ej12, Citysearch
- This is my favorite restaurant at the mall. Their margaritas are killer (strong and delicious), and the food's solid. – Tasha F., Yelp
Advantages of Tableside Prep
Americans introduced tableside guacamole preparation in 1987, much to the delight of guacamole aficionados. By preparing guacamole near diners, the dish no longer suffered from the common problems that occurred during kitchen-to-table transportation, including:
- Distinct cotton-candy flavor
- Sculpted to roughly look like famous Step by Step characters
- Overpowering citronella and hair aroma
- Actually mashed potatoes
845 Market St
San Francisco, California 94103Get Directions