Shooting a gun requires a sharp eye and steady hand, like beading a necklace or drawing the perfect hand turkey. Get a steady shot with today’s Groupon to Gilbert Indoor Range in Rockville. Choose between the following options:
- For $49, you get a shooting-range package for two (a $110 total value)
- For $96, you get a shooting-range package for four (a $220 total value)
Each package includes the following:
- Lane rental
- One gun rental and one box of ammo per pair
- Eye and ear protection
- Two printed targets per person
- 15-minute beginner shooting lesson
- 35-minute safety and orientation video
Inside Gilbert Indoor Range's 22,000-square-foot facility, licensed firearm instructors teach the basics of gun safety and shooting. A preliminary safety lesson and shooting tutorial primes minds to wield guns responsibly and earns patrons access to the 75-foot-long shooting lanes. There, trigger fingers empty boxes of .38 Special, 9 mm, and .22 long-rifle ammo into printed targets as a state-of-the-art ventilation system sweeps up any lead, dust, or unhappy thought bubbles circulating in the air. Advanced courses as well as moving and pop-up targets await students that choose to continue to climb the shell-strewn ranks.
After their lesson, patrons can continue to tone their trigger fingers in the facility’s shooting simulator, which immerses gunslingers in more than 300 different shooting scenarios. Additionally, a retail store furnishes endless accessorizing, and the secure walk-in vault safely stores firearms and their heirloom holsters.
Gilbert Indoor Range
- 25 handgun and rifle lanes, each 75-yards-long
- Advanced ventilation system
- Traditional and pop-up targets
- Range officers on duty at all times to ensure safety and provide instruction
- Large selection of firearms available for rental
- Ammunition available for purchase onsite
At a Glance
In addition to its range, the firearm emporium invites guests to square off against zombies and complete more than 300 other scenarios in its 3D simulators. Classes cover practical topics such as shotgun home defense, basic pistol use, and safety recommendations. Guests can also partake in self-defense and martial-arts training, including sessions that cater exclusively to women.