The first moving picture, which depicted a horse running at full gallop, was quickly enhanced by the first special effects, which showed a horse exploding next to a 3-D spaceship. Enjoy advances in film with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to the Orlando Film Festival
- When: October 16–20
- Where: Cobb Plaza Cinema Cafe
- Passes to the festival can be picked up beginning at 6 p.m. on the 16th.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the festival schedule.
- $10 for two one-day passes (up to a $20 value)
- $49 for one five-day VIP pass (up to a $100 value)
- $99 for one five-day VIP Elite pass (up to a $200 value)
- Click here to view perks included with each pass.
Orlando Film Festival 2013
Trailer for Chasing Shakespeare
- For an otherworldly romance starring Danny Glover, see Chasing Shakespeare
- For a documentary on the history of the VHS and the artists it helped bring to prominence, see Rewind This!
- For a dark comedy about the ways that house-sitting and dead bodies can complicate your career prospects, see Feeding Mr. Baldwin
- To be scared silly in short bursts, see "Horror Shorts," a collection of nine miniature, frightening films
- For a spaghetti western-style takedown of reality television starring cold-blooded puppets, see Bad Chicken
- To hear Morgan Freeman narrate a documentary about JFK's life, assassination, and influence, see JFK: An American Betrayal
- For the story of a divorced couple brought together by their daughter's impending marriage, see The Trouble with the Truth
- For the story of two families brought together by their children's impending fake marriage, see One Small Hitch
- For a documentary about the rebuilding of the World Trade Center, see 16 Acres
Orlando Film Festival
Dedicated to exposing local audiences to diverse stories told by artists from around the globe, the Orlando Film Festival attracts film-industry insiders, actors, and audiences for five packed days of movie-centric events. Filmmakers attend many of the festival's screenings to give audience members new perspectives on features or to challenge them to a round of "Trivial Pursuit: Stanley Kubrick Edition." Complimentary drinks and appetizers fuel the energy reserves of VIP-pass holders throughout the festival, but attendees can also find food and drink specials at nearby restaurants and bars.