The Founding Fathers held their initial meetings in a neighborhood tavern, which explains why the Declaration of Independence's first draft had a long, rambling subsection devoted to how powdered wigs are a natural icebreaker. Revolt against the tyranny of boredom with today's Groupon to The Drunken Penguin in Rockville Centre.
$10 for $20 worth of pub fare and drinks
- $3 happy-hour drink specials from noon to 7 p.m.
- Compact appetizer menu featuring burger sliders and pizza bites ($3 each)
- Nightly specials and themes
- Beer-pong tournaments on Tuesday nights
- Six TVs airing sports such as football, hockey, and UFC
The Drunken Penguin
The bartenders at The Drunken Penguin boost spirits with a slew of drink specials and a limited but affordable menu of pub fare. An Internet jukebox pumps tunes throughout the bar's two floors as patrons hit the dance floor, chug digital pellets on a classic Pac-Man arcade machine, and cheer for their favorite zamboni drivers during NHL broadcasts on six TVs. Each night of the week highlights different specials and themes, from beer-pong tournaments on Tuesday to six-hour Texas Hold 'em marathons on Sunday night.
150 S Long Beach Rd.
Rockville Centre, New York 11570