With its ever-changing coordinates and conspicuous absence from the Beach Boys’ “Kokomo,” Cuba is one of the more difficult to locate Caribbean nations. Dig into this enigma with a fork, knife, and today’s Groupon to Azucar Restaurant.
- $10 for $20 worth of Cuban fare
- The menu includes the following:
- Fried oysters with sweet plantain puree and chimichurri sauce ($9)
- Camaguay pork loin medallions in honey cumin sauce ($17)
- Ziti campagna pasta with sundried tomatoes, basil, and sharp cheese ($13.50)
- Shrimp in garlic lemon butter with capers ($17)<p>
- Nightclub-like atmosphere during late evenings
- Spanish and Latin American music and dancing<p>
Inside a brightly lit space adorned with white pillars and wood floors, Azucar’s chefs prepare a menu of piquant Cuban fare, including seafood, veal, and pasta specialties. The restaurant’s patio provides a fresh space to explore Cuba’s captivating flavors, which are equally delicious when consumed beneath the interior’s shape-shifting chandeliers. After the sun sets, Latin music pulses through speakers as the eatery transforms into a nightclub, with customers executing alluring salsa and mambo moves and precision hokey-pokey shakes.