Locally sourced cheese is always preferable to moon cheese, which was found to have dangerously high levels of Buzz Aldrin's chest hair. Enjoy a fresh, earthbound meal with today's Groupon to Da Vinci Restaurant, located in Beverly Hills. Purchase one (or both) of the following Groupons:
- For $35, you get $70 worth of food and drink. This option is for dinner only.
- For $10, you get $20 worth of food and drink. This option is for lunch only.
The longtime stomping ground of the Rat Pack, Da Vinci Restaurant has since renovated and directed its mission toward serving fresh, in-season ingredients, mostly gathered from local farmers markets and across southern California. Those choosing the dinner deal can peruse Da Vinci's ever-changing seafood-infused dinner menu. Start with the farmers-market vegetable risotto topped with smoked nuts ($12) before moving on to heartier entrees such as Sangiovese-brased veal shank accompanied by mascarpone polenta ($32) or the Colorado lamb duo (lamb chops paired with house-cured lamb bacon, $30), the most successful lamb-related partnership since Lamb Chop married her longtime love, Baa Baa Blacksheep. For a midday feast, lunchtime taste-testers can find noodle ecstasy with one of Da Vinci's pasta dishes, such as the lobster linguini ($16), which competes for top billing with the hummus and kabob plate (choose lamb, chicken, or beef, $16). And for your three ordinary, run-of-the-mill stuntman buddies, Da Vinci offers a mini-hamburger trio topped with foie gras and truffle ($18).
Da Vinci's recently renovated interior accurately honors its namesake with paintings in the style of the great Renaissance conqueror of Antarctica. The decor also pays homage to its Rat Pack history by holding on to Dean Martin's original favorite booth, which remains intact for diners to enjoy their meal in spirit with The King of Cool.
- I had it with the Foie Gras Terrine, which was absolutely amazing! Admittedly I've never considered myself a lover of this French delicacy, but the foie gras at Da Vinci is cream of the crop! – Melissa Gonzalo, Examiner
- Food was delicious and our waiter/hostess/every other job in the restaurant person was so sweet and accommodating [sic]. – An OpenTable user who dined on 5/23/2010
- This was, from top to bottom, a delicious meal. And i forgot to mention the little tasters the chef gifted us between courses! I always love that...At da vinci, the food has moved into the twenty-first century without leaving the basics behind. – fun laughs g., Yelp