Traditionally, romantic meals occur amid warm environs, such as beside a roaring fire or inside the candlelit mouth of a whale. Cozy up to an intimate dinner with today’s Groupon to dk Bottega in Forest Park. Choose between the following options:
- For $32, you get dinner for two on a Sunday–Thursday (up to a $73 value).
- For $34, you get dinner for two on a Friday or Saturday (up to a $73 value).<p>
Each dinner for two includes:
- A shared appetizer (up to a $14 value)
- Any two chef specialties (up to $20 value each)
- Any two glasses of Caldora wine (a $6 value each)
- A shared dessert (up to a $7 value)<p>
At dk Bottega, executive chef and owner Dave Knickelbein hatches a variegated menu of Italian vittles, including lasagna, seafood platters, and specialty desserts. Dining dyads kick-start meals with grilled calamari dressed in olive oil and herbs and accompanied by roasted-red-pepper sauce ($10). Chefs dish out entrees such as fettuccine alfredo ($14), chicken limone ($14), or seafood pasta—a medley of broiled shrimp, scallops, and calamari simmered in garlic butter and served atop a bed of spaghetti, fettuccine, or Egyptian-cotton noodles ($20). Piquant Caldora wine cleanses palates before a dessert of ricotta cheesecake ($7) or bread pudding made daily ($7).
A sleek wooden bar flanks one side of dk Bottega’s gold-colored interior, and neatly assembled booths and tables line up beside black-framed artwork. Boxed light fixtures hang from the ceiling, casting couples and cuddling silverware in a soft glow.