Much like starting your own business or bare-knuckle boxing with a bear, a knowledge of wine can inspire engaging dinner conversations. Invest in an enjoyable pastime with today's Groupon to Fresh Starts Restaurant in Flossmoor. Choose from the following options:
- For $24, you get a wine-tasting experience for two on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday (up to a $60 total value).
- For $45, you get a wine-tasting experience for four on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Saturday (up to a $120 total value).
- For $29, you get a wine-tasting experience for two on Friday (up to a $60 total value).
- For $55, you get a wine-tasting experience for four on Friday (up to a $120 total value).
Each wine-tasting experience includes:
- Three 4-ounce samples per person (up to a $16 value)
- One appetizer or small plate per person (up to a $14 value)
Tucked away in historic Old Flossmoor, Fresh Starts Restaurant pairs creative fare with wine flights culled from its extensive shop and shares vino advice passed down from an on-site sommelier. Flights expand grapesplorers' tastes with a choice of three red or white wines, each in tune with a topical theme such as Argentinean wines or the works of John Steinbeck. After the 4-ounce samples are poured, guests swish and swallow each variety, comparing palate predilections with the wine's flavors and notes described on handy guides. Guests can direct any additional questions to the on-staff experts or whisper them into a napkin so only they will know. Give taste buds a break from sussing out varietal virtues by nibbling on appetizers or small plates from the restaurant's creative menu. The charcuterie platter proffers a potpourri of pate, meats, and garnishes, and the seared sesame-encrusted tuna sidekicks a rare fillet with wasabi, pickled ginger, and seaweed. The big bowl of mussels bathes bivalves in garlic or marinara sauce, while the artisan cheese sampler complements its high-end dairy selections with a garnish.
1040 Sterling Ave.
Flossmoor, Illinois 60422