What You Get
- All-inclusive stay for two. Click here to see all options.
Included in all options: * 3 daily meals and snacks * 2 large pools (passive and active) * Arena (volleyball, football) * Entertainment program for children and adults * Aerobics and dance classes * Water Activities (Kayaks and paddleboats) * Gym * Playground * All taxes and fees
Policies and Fees
Book by: 9/26/14
Travel by: 11/30/14
- Blackout dates: Not valid 9/12-9/20, 11/1-11/5, 11/8-11/10, 11/28-11/30/14
- Cancellation policy & fees: 72-hour cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Taxes: Tax included
- Additional fees:
- Airfare not included.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Hotel at a Glance: Playa Blanca Beach Resort Panama
This all-inclusive resort overlooks a sandy stretch of shoreline along the Caribbean Sea. No matter where you go on the property, you’ll likely be treated to sweeping ocean views. If you grow tired of beachfront lounging, sign up for a snorkeling excursion or a ride on a catamaran, jet ski, or pontoon boat.
- All-inclusive meal plan: Dig into three daily meals and snacks at onsite restaurants serving fresh sushi, steaks, Italian food, and more.
- Go for a swim in one of two large pools; paddle over to the swim-up bar for refreshment.
- Rentable gear: Borrow a kayak or paddleboat to explore the bay.
- Work up a sweat in the onsite gym, which features aerobics and dance classes.
- Play a game of volleyball or football.
- Kids club: Tots stay entertained with crafts, games, and snacks.
Panama: Beach Paradise with Bustling Capital City
Panama, the southernmost country in Central America, has at times been overshadowed by its tourist-saturated neighbor to the north, Costa Rica. But in recent years, that trend has started to change. Adventurers are setting their sights on Panama’s beaches, which are often less crowded and commercialized than those in other warm-weather destinations. Much of Panama’s shoreline looks as it has for hundreds of years. Farther inland, there are tropical rainforests such as Chargres National Park, etched with rivers and lush highlands. In fact, nearly one-third of the country has been designated as protected land or turned into national parks.
Though the Panama Canal may be one of the country’s most famous landmarks, it’s far from the only attraction worth a visit. The capital, Panama City, has enjoyed renewal in recent years; expect skyscrapers, modern condominiums, and an energy and nightlife that rival any big city. The Frank Gehry–designed Biodiversity Museum salutes local wildlife, considered some of the most diverse of any country in Central America. In the capital’s historic Casco Viejo district, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, San Jose Church has drawn crowds since it was built in the 16th century; the church is home to an altar gilded entirely in gold leaf.
You’ll find a much slower pace in Bocas del Toro, a small island chain near the Costa Rican border that’s nicknamed the “Venice of Central America” because locals use water taxis as a primary means of transportation. The islands are also an adventurer’s paradise. The area is sought out for both its jungle ziplining and scuba diving along scenic bays, which are home to some of the world’s best-preserved hard and soft coral. The National Marine Park on Isla Bastimentos features thick rainforest and remote beaches; while visiting, keep an eye out for capuchin monkeys, sloths, and frogs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of Tocumen International Airport in Ciudad de Panamá (airport code: PTY) Travel time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 2 hours one-way. A taxi will cost approximately $150 or bus transportation is around $20 per person.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard occupancy of the Groupon valid rooms is 2 adults; however up to 2 additional guest can be added. The cost for these additional guest is $89 per night for guests 13 years old or older; $59 for kids aged 3-12 years old; kids 2 and younger stay free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No additional resort credits are offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Reservations are not required at any restaurant on this property. However, a business casual dress code is required at El Velero and the sushi restaurant.
Deluxe Room or Suite * One king or two queen beds * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 4 * Adding occupants above standard: $89 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; $59 per night for kids 3-12 years old; kids 2 years old and younger stay free
- Check in: 2 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Two pools
- Volleyball and football
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Sep 26, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 9/26/14 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 11/30/14
- Not valid 9/12-9/20, 11/1-11/5, 11/8-11/10, 11/28-11/30/14
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 72-hour cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
All-Inclusive Playa Blanca Beach Resort Panama
- Nearest airports: Tocumen International Airport (PTY; 87 miles/140 km) and Albrook “Marcos A. Gelabert” International Airport (PAC; 73 miles/118 km)
- Distance to Panama City: 73 miles (119 km)