- $75 for one admission to a three-hour ricotta cheese and strawberry cheesecake class with Chow SF ($155 value)
- This event is for adults only
- Participants should wear clothes that can get dirty; aprons will be provided
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
The event takes place at the Cookhouse, a venue in Chinatown specifically designed for visitors to cook and share food.
Each event is capped at 35 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
Within the Cookhouse’s professional-grade kitchen and dining space, three gourmet cheeses await. Sacha Laurin, resident cheesemaker for Winters Cheese, reveals how each of these delicacies came to be made before turning the focus of this hands-on class toward ricotta. As versatile as a cheese can be, this Italian delicacy can star in salads, pastas, and, in this case, fresh-baked cheesecake.
Transform Milk Into Cheese
Learn to make fresh ricotta cheese from nonhomeogenized and organic whole milk sourced from the local Straus Family Creamery.
Using the freshly made ricotta, craft your own strawberry cheesecake from scratch.
Save Some Leftovers
Pack up any leftovers to share at home.
Creating one-of-a-kind culinary events is Chow SF’s mission, and to do it they bring in experts who are equally one-of-a-kind. Partnering with specialized restaurants and award-winning chefs, they introduce food-lovers to the pinnacle of specific cuisines and crafts. And the flavors aren’t the only impressive thing on Chow SF’s menu—a portion of the proceeds from every event goes to support the SF-Marin Food Bank, helping to feed hungry people in the San Francisco area.