What You'll Get
Like spritzing an email with cologne, blowing kisses at a stage is a heartfelt romantic gesture that proves fruitless in attracting dramaturgical stars. Experience unrequited love with today’s deal to see five plays in their preview week for the 2012 season at Performance Network Theatre. The plays include:
- God of Carnage by Yasmina Reza (begins January 12).
- Dead Man’s Shoes by Joseph Zettelmaier (begins March 8).
- Red by John Logan (begins April 19).
- In the Next Room or the Vibrator Play by Sarah Ruhl (begins June 14).
- Burn This by Lanford Wilson (begins August 2).<p>
Choose from the following seating options, which include premium seating (first four rows and the center aisle) or standard seating:
- For $52, you get a standard seating package (a $105 value). Choose from Thursday, Friday, or Sunday performances.
- For $57, you get a premium seating package (a $115 value). Choose from Thursday, Friday, or Sunday performances.
- For $72, you get a standard seating package for Saturday performances (a $144 value).
- For $75, you get a premium seating package for Saturday performances (a $150 value).<p>
Doors open 20 minutes before curtain time.
With productions of two of the past three Tony Award winners for Best Play, Performance Network Theatre kicks off the 2012 season with productions that both touch upon and transcend our times. Beginning in January, 2009’s Best Play, God of Carnage, hovers above the polite conversations between two parents whose children had a playground altercation over an apple-for-Doritos insider-lunch-table trade. Scribed by a Michigan playwright, Dead Man’s Shoes provokes audience members’ inner outlaw as an unlikely pair pursues a dastardly villain in the Wild West.
The two-man cast of Red shares the stage with several large murals in a play that swept the 2010 Tony’s Best Play and Best Inanimate Object categories by narrowly beating out Keanu Reeves and his portrayal of the balcony in Romeo & Juliet. Sizzling from the midsummer heat and risqué subject matter, In the Next Room or the Vibrator Play sheds light on the period at the dawn of electricity for a revealing look at gender roles.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 2, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Redeem starting 12/31 for a ticket by phone. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Performance Network Theatre. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Performance Network Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Performance Network Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.