Unlike tires and karaoke performances, bread is best enjoyed when flat. Enjoy supine sustenance with today’s Groupon to Marigold Restaurant. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get a three-course “Spice Route” prix fixe meal for two Sunday–Thursday (up to a $55 value).
- For $29, you get a three-course “Spice Route” prix fixe meal for two on a Friday or Saturday (up to a $55 value).
The three-course meal includes:
- One appetizer from the following options:
- Chicken tikka
Garam masala roasted beet salad<p>
- Two entrees from the following options:
- Murg makhni
- Lamb kofta
- Chana masala
- One dessert from the following options:
- Ginger crème brûlée<p>
Menu items are subject to change.
The authentic Indian eats at Marigold Restaurant have attracted accolades from such media outlets as the Chicago Reader and the Chicago Sun-Times. The “Spice Route” prix fixe meal allows diners to devise their own three-course meal, served family-style, from a vibrant selection of masterfully spiced items, some accompanied by fresh naan or basmati rice. A basket of papdums and chutney pairs with the appetizer course, which presents samosas chaperoned by mint and date chutneys or garam masala roasted beet salad, served with garbanzo beans, almonds, and cilantro-lime dressing. Entree selections—such as the lamb kofta, spiced ground-lamb dumplings spiced with cilantro and paprika—warm insides with classic curries and heartfelt sonnets, and appear tableside with helpings of fresh naan and basmati rice. For dessert, sweets eaters can sink forks into kheer, an Indian rice pudding or into the caramelized crown of the ginger crème brûlée.