Modern decor sets the scene for creative cocktails and Indian food with fresh twists, from spiced New Zealand lamb to pickled chicken tikka
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
How to use this deal:
- Claim this deal by linking it to your eligible credit cards.
- Pay for qualifying purchases at the merchant with a linked card.
- Get 25% cash back on your first purchase and 10% cash back on additional purchases, including if the deal is re-claimed.
- Cash back rewards will be credited to your card statement within a few days.
- Cash back is calculated on total bill after tip
- Deal valid for 25% cash back only on first purchase and 10% cash back on all other purchases, including after the deal is re-claimed. Limited to 1 transaction per visit
- Deal expires 30 days after claimed, but Groupon may re-claim the deal for you
- Cash back is awarded in form of statement credits
- Online orders placed through third-parties are not eligible for cash back
- Most cards are eligible for cash back. See FAQ for details
- For debit cards, select "credit" when you pay. Not all debit purchases may qualify for cash back
- Deal can be used multiple times until it expires
- Deal is subject to Groupon+ Deals Terms
- Enrollment in Groupon+ required. Eligible card will be linked to all Groupon+ participating merchants
With two native Indians backing the biz, diners at Sakoon may expect traditional fare. But while familiar dishes aren't hard to find, the owner and the chef aren't slavishly devoted to their homeland's dining experience, either. Instead, they've updated both the menu (think bar bites and cocktails with cheeky names like the Kamasutra, made with X-Rated liqueur) and the decor (mixing patterns, textures, and colors). This contemporary experience has attracted crowds of young tech workers, who are "our first priority," the owner told the Wall Street Journal. Read on to learn more about this highly praised and highly delicious restaurant:
- Bread: rosemary and garlic naan
- Meat entree: butter chicken
- Vegetarian entree: paneer peshawari
- Dessert: gajar halwa
Meet the Team
Owner Balkar S. Tamber was born in the small Indian town of Khanoor, where he grew up with a passion for cooking. His fellow chef at Sakoon, Alex Paul Xalxo, also has a fire in his belly when it comes to food. In fact, Mr Xalxo started his career at India’s Hotel Juhu Centaur in Mumbai, where his clients included such guests as President Bill Clinton.
Press and Praise:
In its recommendation for the restaurant, the Michelin Guide says "Sakoon draws big techie crowds for its lunch buffet—and transforms into an upscale, contemporary dinnertime experience come sundown."
Paneer: a white South Asian cheese made from boiling cow's or water buffalo's milk and curdling it with whey; it dates back to at least 6,000 BC.
Gajar halwa: a North Indian and Pakistani sweet pudding made from grated carrots cooked in a pot with water, milk, and sugar.