All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Baseball, like setting apple pies on fire and taking off school to celebrate Michael Douglas's birthday, is considered one of the finest American pastimes. For $79, $89, or $99, today's Groupon gets you an all-you-can-eat-and-drink rooftop ticket to one of two rooftops for a Chicago Cubs game (up to a $214.50 value). You can buy multiple Groupons, but they are not for resale. A valid ID is required for entry.
Purchase one of the following Groupons to see the Cubs from the Wrigley Field Rooftop Club:
- $79 ticket for the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday, June 30, at 1:20 p.m. ($174.14 value)
- $79 ticket for the Cincinnati Reds on Thursday, July 1, at 1:20 p.m. ($145.85 value)
- $89 ticket for the Cincinnati Reds on Friday, July 2, at 1:20 p.m. ($174.07 value)
- $99 ticket for the Philadelphia Phillies on Sunday, July 18, at 7:05 p.m. ($112.62 value)
- $99 ticket for the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday, July 25, at TBD ($174.14 value)
- $99 ticket for the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday, August 8, at 1:20 p.m. ($174.14 value)
- $99 ticket for the San Diego Padres on Monday, August 16, at 7:05 p.m. ($174.14 value)
Purchase one of the following Groupons to see the Cubs from the Sheffield Rooftop Club:
- $79 ticket for the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday, June 30, at 1:20 p.m. ($102.46 value)
- $79 ticket for the Cincinnati Reds on Thursday, July 1, at 1:20 p.m. ($112.61 value)
- $89 ticket for the Cincinnati Reds on Friday, July 2, at 1:20 p.m. ($102.46 value)
- $99 ticket for the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday, July 3, at 12:05 p.m. ($214.50 value)
- $99 ticket for the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday, August 8, at 1:20 p.m. ($130.65 value)
- $99 ticket for the San Diego Padres on Monday, August 16, at 7:05 p.m. ($141.93 value)
From a rooftop vantage point, blue-bleeding Cubbie fans can attain unobstructed views of the ever-changing strike zone from the comfort of an extra-wide stadium seat. Opening half an hour before game time, the rooftops welcome fans to enjoy tasty ballgame food (Sheffield and Wrigley Field rooftop menus), draft beer, wine, soft drinks, desserts, and a constant chorus of hungry, foul-ball-snagging seagulls circling overhead. All food and all drink is included with this deal, but note that alcohol beverage service is cut off at the middle of the seventh inning, though all other food and beverages continue throughout the game. Additionally, the rooftop bars offer speedy service, while several outdoor televisions ensure spectators see every grimace and skillfully spat sunflower-seed shell.
Usually, when someone goes up on the roof, a concerned citizen intervenes and forces him to return the sack of silverware and candlesticks. But this is one occasion when friends can have a great time up in what Dick Van Dyke called "The Chimney Sweep World" without getting chewed out by local law enforcement.
Prices for rooftop tickets vary day to day, but the prices quoted in this Groupon are as of Thursday, June 24.
USA Today lists Sheffield Baseball Club as having the best seats in the house:
- The actual seats, 10 rows of them, are very comfortable — extra wide stadium seats with cup holder and plenty of legroom. There are heating units on the landing at the top of the seating area for chilly nights...In short, you get much of the Wrigley experience without the Wrigley hassle. – Mike Dodd
Yelpers give the Sheffield Baseball Club four stars:
- All you can drink. All you can eat. And an amazing view of the game. What more do you need? – Gwendolyn H.
- We were there on a groupon deal, so we got a great deal. And though most people were there from a groupon, the staff and service people were still so helpful, friendly, with great customer service. – Melinda M.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for the game and location purchased. Not for resale. Valid photo ID required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.