Though most comic books tell fictional tales about superheroes saving the world, some are just about guys in their mid-40s who can open jars of mustard pretty quickly. Choose your adventure with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $14 for admission for one with one print on Friday, August 29 ($50.19 value)
- $25 for admission for two with two prints on Friday, August 29 ($100.38 value)
- $20 for admission for one with one print on Saturday, August 30 ($60.19 value)
- $14 for admission for one with one print Sunday, August 31 ($50.19 value)
- $25 for admission for two with two prints Sunday, August 31 ($100.38 value)
The hours are as follows: Friday, August 29th from 3 to 8 p.m.; Saturday, August 30th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Sunday, August 31st from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Amazing Houston Comic Con
Comic-book heroes and villains leap from their pages in a dazzling display of color at the Amazing Houston Comic Con. Held at the George R. Brown Convention Center, the convention spans three days, a celebration of comics and video games in pop culture. Writers and artists responsible for the creation of X-Men and other Marvel and DC mainstays give panel discussions and mingle with celebrities as well as scores of costumed fans, stopping only to take naps under the sign-in tables.
Nearly 60 exhibitors showcase their products in the main hall, while an international artist alley displays the sketches and inks of more than 100 artists. In the past, special guests have included X-Men Writer and Comic Book Legend Chris Claremont, Disney Veteran, and Comic Creator, Mat Nastos, and creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kevin Eastman. A dedicated Kids' Day teaches families how to safely fuse adamantium to their skeletons, while after-hours parties keep festivities going well into the night.