Recipes are written in a language all their own, leading amateur cooks to confuse a pinch for a dash or forget that the chef’s word for “water” is “salt.” Trust a native speaker with today’s Groupon to The Paradise Restaurant. Choose from the following options:
- For $13, you get a café meal for two (up to a $25.85 total value), which includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $5.95 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $9.95 value each)</p>
- For $25, you get a café meal for four (up to $51.70 total value), which includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $5.95 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $9.95 value each)</p>
- For $45, you get a catered meal for six (an $89.70 total value). This option is valid within 20 miles of the restaurant. The meal includes:
- Six barbecue-chicken or rib entrees
- Six corn on the cobs
- Six side orders of baked beans
- Six side orders of potato salad, coleslaw, or pasta salad
- Six corn muffins
- Forks, knives, plates, and napkins</p>
An active member of the community, The Paradise Restaurant feeds visitors made-to-order omelets, sandwiches, and barbecue from a menu of café fare assembled from scratch. Eaters alter the weatherman’s forecast with gusts of wind blown over appetizer plates of jumbo shrimp or beef stew anchored with slabs of cornbread. For larger dents in hunger, the pork chops and gravy, catfish, and fried-chicken dinner each round up a piece of cornbread and two sides, such as macaroni and cheese, black-eyed peas, or collard greens. Cooks yield their signature Bumpy Face dish by pouring gravy and melted cheese over fried chicken dices and rice for a delightfully textured meal.
The eatery also augments group gatherings with catered fare served in insulated boxes, which guests can set-up as a buffet for easily shared portions or arrange into a hopscotch sequence to boost hoppers’ times with assistance from the hot contents.