Shopping for clothing can be like finding a needle in a haystack: even when you think you've found what you're looking for, you've actually only found a really shiny piece of hay. Get the perfect fit with this GrouponLive deal.
- $59 for a VIP ticket to Five Shades of GREEN an Eco-Sexy Fashion Play (up to $123.99 value)
- When: Saturday, April 12; art, music, and fashion festivities begin at 6 p.m., and the show begins at 8 p.m.
- Where: Museum of Contemporary Art
- Seating: priority seating with access to the VIP lounge (arrive 30 minutes in advance)
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The event kicks off with a pre-party that is hosted by Stichiz, the radio personality for 103.5, the Beat. The pre-party is open to public and features live music, painters, and a fashion exhibit that challenges guests to guess the material of each designer outfit. VIP admission includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres, hosted bar from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., one game card, and a chance to mingle with other VIPS and celebrity guests. Cash bar is available after 8 p.m. Guests also receive one complimentary ticket to an after party. Address will be disclosed upon redemption.
During the show from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., guests glimpse designers from New York, Africa, Jamaica, and Florida, as well as guest designer who has worked with celebrities such as Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, and is currently providing wardrobe for the sequel to the movie, Hunger Games.
Five Shades of GREEN an Eco-Sexy Fashion Play
- “Fashion Play”: a fashion show that forgoes the predictable walk, walk, turn, pose, walk for a set of narrated scenes that showcase the clothes while telling a story
- “Eco-Sexy”: the show’s aesthetic, a fusion of 50 Shades of Grey and environmentally-conscious designs that take their inspiration from water, fire, wood, earth, and metal
- “Mistress of Elegance”: Miami “soulcialite” Ingrid B, who serves as emcee
- Narrating: poet Darius Daughtry, director of poetry programs, Omari Hardwick, and Bluapple Poetry Network; and actress/vocalist/ performer Nailah Daaj
- Also using her voice: soul singer Antonia Jenaè, who has previously sung backup for Joss Stone
- Before the show: guests test their eco-fashion knowledge by playing the Fashion Fandangle game, browse the wares of green vendors, and peek into the designers’ pop-up shop
- After the show: Mingle with media for interviews and photo-ops, or attend the after party
- Most on-trend accessory: philanthropy—a portion of the event’s proceeds will benefit Save the Twinz, a breast cancer awareness foundation that supports women of color as well as MOCA Kids to help/sponsor kids with their summer programming for kids in the arts
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th St.
North Miami, Florida 33161Get Directions