Watching a show during dinner is the most exciting way to liven up a meal, next to juggling silverware at the table or paying the violinists to play the entire Black Sabbath catalog. Delve into a meal while being entertained with today’s Groupon for music and American cuisine at 1911 Restaurant & Lounge. Musicians take the stage Monday–Saturday and represent a variety of genres. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get dinner and music for two (up to a $45.90 value). The dinner includes:
- Two entrees (up to a $14.95 value each)
- Two specialty drinks of the day (up to an $8 value each)
- For $35, you get dinner and music for four (up to a $91.80 value). The dinner includes:
- Four entrees (up to a $14.95 value each)
- Four specialty drinks of the day (up to an $8 value each)<p>
At 1911 Restaurant & Lounge, artists fill an elegant loft dining room with experimental jazz, rock, Latin, and funk music as patrons sample chef Anthony Montgomery’s menu of American cuisine. On the Southern catfish plate, a fried or blackened fish filet reminisces with a grit cake about days spent slinging Old Bay seasoning from Mardi Gras floats. The chicken parmesan’s linguini tendrils canoodle with tender chicken cutlets beneath a quilt of marinara and mozzarella. The fall menu of specialty cocktails brims with classic and modern libations. Penned in 1895, the restaurant’s recipe for an old fashioned instructs mixologists to combine whiskey, bitters, simple syrup, and a lemon twist. The sweet-and-contemporary chocolate martini corrals vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, Godiva liqueur, and a hint of rich cream in a chocolate-rimmed glass. As patrons dine in the exposed-brick dining room, musicians croon into microphones, pluck low notes on standup basses, or recruit Andre the Giant use them as jazz violins.
1911 Main St.
Kansas City, Missouri 64108Get Directions