- Includes general admission and planetarium show
- Interactive, educational exhibits
- Close to downtown Nashville
About This Deal
Jump to: Reviews | Satchel Rand, Lovelorn Movie Adventurer
Outer space is a vast ocean full of stars, planets, space-time rifts, and creepily goateed doppelgängers, with large stretches of nothingness in between. Today's deal takes all the cool parts of the universe and cuts out the boring multi-generational road trips to create an action-filled edumacational experience of galactic proportions. For $8, you get one admission to the Adventure Science Center and one admission to a show at the center's very own Sudekum Planetarium, which is a $17 value for adults (see other regular prices here). Your Groupon cannot be used on the Cosmic Concerts or any other laser shows, and all daily shows are first-come, first-served, so get there early to reserve your star-gazing seats.
The Adventure Science Center is located just outside downtown Nashville and features many interactive exhibits for budding cosmonauts. Boldly go where thousands have gone before with exhibits like the astronaut training simulation, known to earthlings as Space Chase, or the Adventure Tower, which is a series of activities aimed at stimulating minds and sparking creativity. Spend some time poking around the center, finding wonderment around every bend, and possibly a penny on the floor. Keep an eye on your cosmo-watch to make sure you take a break from the fun in time to grab your seats at the Sudekum Planetarium.
Pick from one of the shows currently showing at the Sudekum and strap in. Catch the Mars Update to find out the latest happenings on the planet voted Biggest Class Clown. Learn about the current state of the Mars rovers and how much water Mars monsters consume in one Martian day. Or you can kick back, relax, and enjoy the Skies Over Nashville. Learn what those sparkly things in the night sky are and how they form connect-the-dot unicorns. A planetarium educator will take you on a journey to the stars, asking you questions along the way to make sure the comforting darkness doesn't unawaken you. Shows are recommended for those over four years of age.
You must use your planetarium show ticket and general admission on the same day.
Frommer's includes Adventure Science Center in its Nashville guide, observing:
- It's hard to say which exhibit kids like the most at the Center. There are just so many fun interactive displays from which to choose in this modern, hands-on museum. Though the museum is primarily meant to be an entertaining way to introduce children to science, it can also be fun for adults. – Frommer's
- This was a fun time for my family. This place is packed with exciting scientific exploration. There is lots of hands on learning, which is lots of fun not only for the kids, but for the adults. This place is really on e [sic] of those fun places you want to go back to. – Athena S., Judy's Book
- The new Space exhibits and Planetarium are amazing! The New Star projector is really something to see. – Thumper369, Trip Advisor