All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed February 11, 2014
Reviewed October 28, 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013
What You'll Get
Sommeliers recommend that you swirl a glass of wine and inhale its bouquet before throwing it in the face of your enemy. Enjoy pleasures that are worth the wait with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $15 for a wine tasting and winery tour for two (a $30 value)
- $29 for a wine tasting and winery tour for four (a $60 value)
- $49 for a wine tasting, a winery tour, and an interactive flavor-profile lesson for two (a $100 value)
- $89 for a wine tasting, a winery tour, and an interactive flavor-profile lesson for four (a $200 value)
During 30- to 45-minute tours, guides lead groups around the winery, offering various samples of wines created on the premises along the way. Sommeliers crank up the tasting with the third and fourth options. Before the wine samplings, guides teach guests to identify five basic wine aromas, including cut grass, minerals, oak, and citrus, as well as basic tastes of wine, such as bitter, astringent, acidic, and sweet. From there, guests learn the process that surrounds wine tasting.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. 24hr cancellation notice required. Must be 21 or older with valid photo ID. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wise Villa Winery
Wise Villa Winery is set before a backdrop of enchanting scenery amidst breathtaking views of their rolling hills vineyard and Sacramento Valley. Some say its a modern day fairy tale nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Guests can become a wine club member and participate in exciting monthly events, fun filled themed parties, candlelight dinners, and an overall unique food and wine pairing experience.
- Tuscan-Style Bistro: Wise Villa Winery is the only winery in Placer county and they have a full service bistro and commercial kitchen. There, they create dinner entrees, decadent desserts, and gourmet small plates.
- Expert Waitstaff in Elegant Setting: Their wine educators and professional waitstaff provide the ultimate full service experience. Guests enjoy several different wines in their elegant wine tasting room that are designed with European architecture and feature scenic views of the rolling hills vineyard and Sacramento valley.
- Golden State Winery of the Year: In 2015, Wise Villa Winery was awarded the Golden State Winery of the Year award from one of the oldest and most prestigious wine competitions in the United States. Their hard work shows and starts at the very bottom with their grapes which are meticulously grown using organic and sustainable practices. During harvest this family owned winery goes a step further by triple sorting and implementing whole berry cold fermentation to retain a natural fresh fruit character.