During the museum visit guests interact with engaging exhibits and activities, expand their knowledge and discover Tacoma’s rich heritage
About This Deal
- Admission for Two
- Admission for Four
- Family Pass, Valid for Up to Two Adults and Four Children
Available activities at the museum include Maritime Heritage Exhibits, Heritage Working Boat Shop, Land and Boat Based Education Programs, Guest Boat Moorage, and Event Rental Space.
About Working Waterfront Maritime Museum
Set on the Foss Waterway, the Foss Waterway Seaport celebrates the region's seafaring heritage. In the historic building, visitors can tour exhibits that delve into the people, boats, and industries that turned Tacoma and Puget Sound into what they are today. The museum includes hands-on exhibits to keep the whole family entertained.
- Vintage Scuba Exhibition: Adults can check out vintage scuba equipment and models of Jacques Cousteau's Calypso, which was built in Puget Sound. Kids can climb aboard the Calypso model and watch divers wrestle with octopuses.
- The Puyallup People: First on the Waterways: This exhibit highlights the life of the Puyallup People in the South Sound and their intimate connection to the Salish Sea and the Puyallup River.
- The Boat Shop: Here, guests can watch as volunteer boat builders create copies of historic vessels, using traditional construction techniques.
- Interactive Marine Lego Exhibit: Visitors build elaborate marine seascapes and ships with Legos.
- Rails to Sails: Shows the interactive model railroads and helps discover the deep connection Tacoma has to train transportation.