Choose from Five Options
- $20 for two tickets to the Ninth Muse vocal ensemble performance on Sunday, March 30, 2014 ($40 value)
- $65 for two tickets to the Winifred Haun & Dancers performance on Saturday, April 12, 2014 ($130 value)
- $65 for two tickets to the Winifred Haun & Dancers performance on Sunday, April 13, 2014 ($130 value)
- $30 for twilight tour for two ($60 value)
- $10 for guided tour for two ($20 value)
Twilight tours take place February 13, March 13, and April 10 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Guided tours take place Thursday through Sunday at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m. Tours do not occur on major holidays.
One of the best examples of Prairie School Architecture in the U.S., Pleasant House mingles grandeur with simplicity. Visitors to the National Historic Landmark building enter through a broad porch which architect George Washington Maher adorned with decorated motifs using roman bricks and stone. Once within, students of architecture will recognize familiar turn-of-the-century Prairie elements: airy open spaces, glittering art-glass windows, and intricate carvings.
As the 120th anniversary of the building draws near, guests can explore Pleasant Home's 30 rooms of original and restored pieces on docent-guided tours that run every Thursday through Sunday. The house also hosts a a full calendar of lectures and classes, classical and jazz performances, locally-produced theater, and children's programming to inspire the next generation of architects.
217 Home Ave.
Oak Park, Illinois 60302