- $49 for one event pass ($70 value)
The Anime Matsuri Convention brings together anime fans with celebrity guests and anime artists, panels, and workshops. The three-day event pass gets you access to almost all of the events, concerts, and competitions at the convention (paid events and panels are not included). The convention takes place at the George R. Brown Convention Center on February 26, 27, and 28.
Anime Matsuri Convention
Houston's Anime Matsuri Convention, now in its 10th edition, stands alone as Texas's most boisterous celebration of Japanese pop culture. Over the course of three days in February, conventioneers turn the George R. Brown Convention Center into a haven for otaku from across the region. Before you go, check out our breakdown of what you might see:
- You'll browse rare anime merchandise at the exhibit hall, where vendors hawk everything from hard-to-find DVDs to irresponsibly cute plush toys.
- You'll recognize some iconic voices, like that of Mike McFarland. The seasoned voice actor and panelist has added his talents to shows including Dragon Ball Z, Lupin the Third, and Fullmetal Alchemist.
- You'll dance to some infectious beats courtesy of lively concerts from J-Pop and K-Pop acts such as Morning Musume ’16, as well as the all-night Club AM Rave.
- You'll learn costuming tips from the giants of cosplay: in addition to fellow convention-goers dressed as everyone from Sailor Moon to Ash Ketchum, the convention welcomes famed pros such as Ani-Mia and self-proclaimed future android Kaname for cosplay contests.
- You'll sip some tea at the Maid Café, a quirky shop where costumed maids and butlers cater to your gustatory whims.