- $21 for one G-Pass to see DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist – Renegades of Rhythm Tour (up to $43 value)
- When: Monday, September 8, at 9 p.m.
- Where: The Fillmore Silver Spring
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Ages 18+
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
- What DJ Shadow helped pioneer: instrumental hip-hop
- Album that put him on the map: his 1996 debut, Endtroducing…..
- His signature style: sampling rare pieces of music, including “The Human Abstract” from eclectic jazz composer David Axelrod
- How you know he won’t run out of records to spin: he has more than 60,000 of them
- How you know Cut Chemist: as the man manning the turntables for Jurassic 5 and, once upon a time, Latin funk act Ozomatli
- Where else you’ve heard his scratching: on the soundtrack to Tony Hawk’s Underground 2
- Cameo that makes best use of his name: Juno, where he played a chemistry teacher
- Best singles to dance to: “The Garden,” “What’s the Altitude,” “Adidas to Addis”
- Renegades of Rhythm Tour: DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist collaborate using pioneering DJ Afrika Bambaataa’s original vinyl record collection to celebrate his and Zulu Nation’s 40th Anniversary.
####The Fillmore Silver Spring
Overhung with glittering chandeliers and surrounded by billowing red curtains, The Fillmore Silver Spring’s main room easily holds elegant concerts and thrashing dance parties alike on its hardwood floor. Balconies equipped with tables and chairs allow VIP seclusion, elevated sight lines of onstage antics, and easy conversation with GA-ticket-holding giraffes.
The Fillmore Silver Spring
Overhung with glittering chandeliers and surrounded by billowing red curtains, The Fillmore Silver Spring's main room easily holds elegant concerts and thrashing dance parties alike on its hardwood floor. Balconies equipped with tables and chairs allow VIP seclusion and elevated sight lines of onstage antics.