Rock fans traditionally hold up lighters at concerts during ballads so that heartbroken moths know where they can go and, for once, not be judged. Get drawn in with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one ticket to see Josh Garrels with Robbie Seay (up to $22 value)
- When: Saturday, February 8, at 9 p.m.
- Where: The Ballroom at Warehouse Live
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Josh Garrels with Robbie Seay
Josh Garrels performing "Slip Away" from the film The Sea in Between
* Josh Garrels' style: a unique mixture of folk music, hip-hop elements, and Christian lyricism, all sung in a voice that is soul-searching and unmistakably earnest * Josh Garrels album that'll make you feel tingly inside: Love & War & The Sea In Between, which Christianity Today named the top album of 2011 * How Christianity Today describes the album: "prophetic, incisive, achingly human, and longingly spiritual" * Where you might have seen Robbie Seay and his band: leading worship services at the Ecclesia church in suburban Houston * Robbie Seay hit: "Song of Hope (Heaven Come Down)", which hit #7 on Billboard's Hot Christian Songs chart
####Warehouse Live Named after its former life as a 1920s era warehouse, Warehouse Live has traded the steady hum of industrial machines for the solid roar of music-crazy crowds. Before even setting foot within, guests can get an idea of the venue's energy by noting the 20-foot marquee towering above the street at the entrance, flashing its vintage neon welcoming. The venue's two spaces cater to groups of all sizes, from 1,500-person concerts to 50-person parties and very awkward, very expensive first dates. Full bars throughout pour a menu of cocktails and beer to keep limbs limber for dancing.
What some people are buzzing about: