Rigid-hulled inflatable boats, RIB lets groups of up to 16 passengers whip past the New York skyline in these speedy vessels
About This Deal
- Valid for the 2019 season (starts Friday, May 17, 2019)
- Departure times: rides depart each half hour during operating hours.
- Duration of trip: 30 minutes
- Departure location: Pier 25, New York Harbor
- What’s included:
- In cold weather: protective clothing, sailing clothing, and hats
- Safety Instruction
- Life jackets
- Hair elastics, bands to secure glasses to prevent loss, and safety glasses against the winds at high speed
- Participants under 16 years of age will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Notable sights:
- Statue of Liberty
- Battery Park
- World Trade Center Buildings
- Brooklyn Bridges
- What to bring: comfortable shoes, gloves for cold weather.
Need To Know
About RIB New York
"RIB" is an acronym that many people might not be too familiar with. But the team at RIB New York is ready to change that. With their fleet of rigid-hulled inflatable boats, RIB lets groups of up to 16 passengers whip past the New York skyline in these speedy vessels. After a safety briefing from the captain, the tour starts at Pier 25 in Manhattan, racing down the Hudson before stopping to entirely circle the Statue of Liberty (the only tour to see her from every angle). Then, it continues on to the Governor's Island and the Brooklyn Bridge, before looping back. And while the boats reach exhilarating speeds of 50 miles per hour, the tour is peppered with stopping points so passengers can catch their breath and snap a scenic photo.