What You'll Get
Kids, like Ponce de León, need constant supervision while exploring, or they’ll simply vanish into a jungle in search of eternal youth. Grant youngsters a safely adventurous summer with today's Groupon to one-week programs at Summer at Sandy Spring. Choose from five options:
- For $60, you get a half-day Recreation Friends Camp for kindergarten through fifth grade, June 20–August 12 (a $125 value).
- For $75, you get a half-day Academic Friends Camp for kindergarten through fifth grade, June 20–August 12 (a $185 value).
- For $120, you get a full-day Sports Galore program for grades six through eight, June 27–July 1 or August 1–5 (a $245 value).
- For $150, you get a full-day Fishing program for grades six through eight, July 11–15 (a $340 value).
- For $160, you get a full-day Digital Photography Studio program for grades six through eight, July 18–22 (a $355 value).
Summer at Sandy Spring's programs keep kids engaged with a beautiful 140-acre facility, dynamic daily activities, and dedicated counselors. Programs are grouped according to age, with customized activities to pique pint- and quart-size interests. Recreation Friends Camp provides sunny fun for campers from kindergarten to fifth grade, offering recreational activities including team-building exercises and craft-building crafts. Alternately, students from kindergarten to fifth grade can brush up for the coming year or boost Trivial Pursuit scores with a morning Academic Friends Camp, focusing on reading, writing, and math in small intensive workshops.
Full-day Sports Galore programs zero in on sportsmanship and teamwork with a different pastime every day, including basketball, badminton, and room-temperature freeze tag. The all-day Fishing program sees anglers going fin to fin with catfish, bluegill, and bass, and afternoons bring release of both fish and campers into the water to foster natural gill development. The Digital Photography Studio program introduces students to the photogenic world of Photoshop and professional lighting equipment, granting them experience in framing portraits and nighttime snapshots of cookie thieves.
Parents must register for programs by June 10.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 10, 2011. Amount paid never expires. May buy multiple. Limit 1 per child. Valid only for option purchased. Must sign waiver. Non-transferable. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.