Sommeliers recommend that you swirl a glass of wine and inhale its bouquet before throwing it in the face of your enemy. Enjoy pleasures that are worth the wait with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $19 for admission to the Summer Wine and Peach Fest on Saturday, August 16 for one ($39 value)
- $39 for admission for two ($78 value)
- $69 for admission for four ($156 value)
Each admission includes a wine sampling glass and a pass for one unlimited sample round at each winery and brewery. All guests are automatically entered in a raffle to win a winery tour for four, among other hourly prizes.
Summer Wine and Peach Fest
On Saturday, August 16, 2 p.m.–7 p.m., local vintners and other vendors gather at the Silver Spring B & O Station for the Summer Wine and Peach Fest. Outfitted with a sampling glass, each guest cruises the winery tables for refreshing sample sips, wiling away the afternoon against the backdrop of art tents, poetry readings, and live musical performances.
- Wineries and Breweries: Glasses fill with vintages from domestic wineries, including Cove Point Winery, Linganore Wine Cellars, and Oasis Wines; craft beers will also be available.
- Live Entertainment: On the Fest's two stages, DJ Wah-Heed spins latin and reggae, local poets engage in a lively slam, the Ann Palmer Duet plays jazz, rock and & country will be performed by Caroline Ferrante, and Celtic music by Painted Trillium.
- Other Vendors: Wares from local artisans include fresh-made dips from La Calidad Fresh Salsa, fair trade clothing from Inka Treasures, and Wise Designs' handmade jewelry.
- Charity Benefits: A portion of proceeds goes to the WIC and Seniors Double-Dollar Food Buying Programs at county farmers’ markets. Event staff will also collect unsold foods to send to area charities for the homeless.
- Goody Bags: The first 500 guests to arrive between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. get a goody bag stuffed with, as staffers put it, "refreshing swag by the area's most notable swagists."
- Inclement-Weather Tip: If the sun seems hot enough to melt your sampling glass, duck into several sheltered, shady areas, such as the Party Tent or Covered Patio and another indoor shelter was added in case of T-storms.
8100 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910Get Directions