Classical music boosts listeners' brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Ars Lyrica Houston presents Venetian Carnival Concert
- When: Tuesday, December 31, at 9 p.m.
- Where: The Hobby Center for Performing Arts' Zilkha Hall
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $29 for orchestra sections B or H–M, or mezzanine sections C–D (up to $45 value)
- $23 for orchestra sections N–P or mezzanine sections E–F (up to $35 value)
- $35 for orchestra sections C–H, mezzanine sections A–B, or box seating (up to $55 value)
Ars Lyrica Houston presents Venetian Carnival
If you can't fly or pogo stick to Venice for New Year's Eve, you can head to The Hobby Center for Performing Arts' Zilkha Hall. Here, Ars Lyrica Houston transforms the space into a scene straight out of the festive Italian city: a carnival complete with masks and a live soundtrack of Baroque melodies. Providing the soundtrack are sopranos Melissa Givens and Blair Doerge, who join violinist Yung-Hsiang Wang, guitarist Richard Savino, and flautist Colin St. Martin in paying homage to Vivaldi and Monteverdi. The music from these two legendary composers energizes listeners for the night ahead, which may be filled with champagne from the cash bar, and a midnight chorus of "Auld Lang Syne" by attendees.
Ars Lyrica Houston
Just because we're not living in the 1600s doesn't mean we can't enjoy the era's music. That's the concept behind Ars Lyrica Houston, a non-profit that performs compositions from the 17th and 18th centuries on instruments from those time periods. The result: vibrant concerts that swell with Baroque, Renaissance, and Classical works performed by Grammy-nominated artists both locally and regionally.
Zilkha Hall - The Hobby Center for Performing Arts
800 Bagby St.
Houston, Texas 77002