Cover bands look and sound just like the real thing, unlike cover audiences, who are just used mannequins holding up lighters. See the real almost-real thing with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7.23 for one ticket to the House of Blues Fifth Birthday Bash featuring Skyrocket! (up to a $17.33 value)
- When: Friday, October 25, at 9:30 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Houston
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
House Of Blues 5th Birthday Bash Featuring Skyrocket!
- What Skyrocket! calls itself: "perhaps the most wickedly original party band to emerge from any music scene"
- What the Austin Chronicle called the band in their Best of Austin list 2006: "the best reason to pawn your karaoke machine"
- What they were called then: The K-TEL Hit Machine
- Why they changed their name: their popularity "skyrocketed" after playing the Austin Chronicle's holiday party, and the band members began traveling exclusively by Saturn V
- What they play: solid gold hits of the '70s and '80s such as "Dancing Queen," "American Girl," "Jessie's Girl," and "Rock and Roll All Night"
- Where else you've seen the players: performing on Austin Stories, playing alongside Lars Ulrich and Aimee Mann, appearing on Broadway as John Lennon, and acting in a Chevy commercial
What some people are buzzing about:
House of Blues Houston
1204 Caroline Street
Houston, Texas 77002Get Directions