Cover bands look and sound just like the real thing, unlike cover audiences, who are just used mannequins holding up lighters. See the real almost-real thing with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7.23 for one ticket to the House of Blues Fifth Birthday Bash featuring Skyrocket! (up to a $17.33 value)
- When: Friday, October 25, at 9:30 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Houston
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
House Of Blues 5th Birthday Bash Featuring Skyrocket!
- What Skyrocket! calls itself: "perhaps the most wickedly original party band to emerge from any music scene"
- What the Austin Chronicle called the band in their Best of Austin list 2006: "the best reason to pawn your karaoke machine"
- What they were called then: The K-TEL Hit Machine
- Why they changed their name: their popularity "skyrocketed" after playing the Austin Chronicle's holiday party, and the band members began traveling exclusively by Saturn V
- What they play: solid gold hits of the '70s and '80s such as "Dancing Queen," "American Girl," "Jessie's Girl," and "Rock and Roll All Night"
- Where else you've seen the players: performing on Austin Stories, playing alongside Lars Ulrich and Aimee Mann, appearing on Broadway as John Lennon, and acting in a Chevy commercial
House of Blues Houston
To keep the spirit of its musical roots ever near, House of Blues Houston keeps a metal box of mud from the Delta Mississippi beneath its stage and proudly displays the traditional crazy quilt. As the only venue in the revered chain to be built vertically rather than free floating, House of Blues Houston stands as a pillar of entertainment in the Houston Pavilions complex. The hot spot’s Bronze Peacock Room commemorates Houston's rich history and the blues clubs where Lightnin' Hopkins and Big Mama Thornton held sway, and features an enormous hand-painted mural depicting other local legends such as Albert Collins and Johnny "Guitar" Watson.